The NSW Blues have been named for the first game of the 2017 #Origin series.
8 days ago - 2 Likes
The Dally M Awards the are the official annual awards presented to current players across a number of areas. See who picked up the awards in 2012. Follow @LeagueUnlimited during the night for all the updates as it happens. Be sure to join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #DallyM
Background: The event in 2013 is held at Sydney's 'The Star' Casino. The Dally M itself was created in 1980 and named in honour of the "little master" Herbert Henry "Dally" Messenger. The player of the year is determined by a 3-2-1 points system which is judged by a journalist for each game across the 26 rounds of the year.
At the end of 16 rounds, the public leader board goes "dark" and each round is announced who was awarded the points in each game on the night.
TOP TEN PLAYERS LEADERBOARD AFTER 26 ROUNDS
1. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm) - 28 points
2. Todd Carney (Cronulla Sharks) - 26 points
3. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys) - 26 points
4. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles) - 26 points
5. Jarrod Mullen (Newcastle Knights) - 20 points
6. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm) - 20 points
7. John Sutton (South Sydney Rabbitohs) - 18 points
8. Josh Reynolds (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs) - 18 points
9. Luke Walsh (Penrith Panthers) - 18 points
10. James Maloney (Sydney Roosters) - 18 points
Dally M Player of the Year: Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm - 28 points)
Provan-Summons Medal: Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
The "people's choice" award