14 hours ago
NRL Judiciary Wrap: 2017 Round 25
Four players will miss the final week of the NRL premiership, including one who has been slapped with a three match ban.
Gold Coast prop Jarrod Wallace will miss the Round 26 clash with the Roosters this Saturday as well as the Titans' two 2018 pre-season trials after copping a three-match ban from a Grade 3 Shoulder Charge on Canterbury half Moses Mbye on Saturday.
Wests Tigers pair Michael Chee-Kam and Matt McIlrwick will miss the club's last game this Sunday against the Warriors after being hit with one-match bans. Chee-Kam's Grade 1 Shoulder Charge on Cowboys half Michael Morgan sees him sidelined, while McIlwrick was issued his suspension due to a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck charge on Kyle Feldt.
Zane Musgrove was the fourth player to face the MRP's wrath, the South Sydney forward pinged for a Grade 1 Shoulder Charge on Melbourne's Jordan McLean in Saturday's huge loss at AAMI Park.
Three players escaped suspension with carry-over points only following early pleas:
- Josh King (Knights) - Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck (75 points)
- Chris Heighington (Sharks) - Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck (75 points)
- Isaiah Papali'i (Warriors) - Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck (75 points)
A further two players were issued fines due to the nature of their charges:
- Sam Burgess (Rabbitohs) - Grade 1 Careless High Tackle ($1,350)
- Suaia Matagi (Eels) - Grade 1 Tripping ($1,650)
All players entered early pleas meaning the judiciary will not sit this week.