68 mins ago
Wests Tigers chief executive Steve Noyce says the club won't move this Sunday's clash with South Sydney from Leichhardt Oval to Telstra Stadium.
Rabbitohs fans are believed to be outraged at the Tigers refusal to relocate the clash with some predicting as many as 20,000 supporters could be locked out of the suburban ground.
But Noyce says there are still tickets available for the 3.00pm clash and those wanting to attend should pre-purchase their seats to avoid disappointment.
Across the ditch, young New Zealand Warriors prop Sam Rapira has signed a contract extension keeping him at the NRL club until the end of 2012.
The 20-year-old had originally signed until the end of 2009 but has now agreed to a three-year extension in a deal the Warriors believe is one of the longest in the NRL. RAPIRA, who previously captained the Junior Kiwis, made his debut last year and this season earned a call up to the New Zealand Test side for the midseason clash with Australia.
He is one of only four players to appear in all 22 matches for the Warriors this season.
Meanwhile, at the judiciary, South Sydney forward Dean Widders has pleaded not guilty to making an illegal crusher tackle and will attempt to beat the charge at his hearing tonight.
If unsuccessful, Widders is facing a three-game suspension on his grade two contrary conduct charge for a tackle on Manly's Jamie Lyon on Monday night. Widders will be the first of three players to front the judiciary in a busy night tonight, with St George Illawarra's Jason Ryles and Wests Tigers' Liam Fulton both fighting grapple tackle charges.
Widders' hearing is scheduled to start at 6pm AEST, followed by Ryles and Fulton.