The #NRLDraw is out!
Get the lowdown on all 192 premiership matches ahead in the 2018 season. It al...
12 hours ago - 3 Likes
Independent consultant, Brian Canavan, formally presented the findings from his extensive review of New South Wales Rugby League State of Origin to the Board of the New South Wales Rugby League today.
An extensive analysis was conducted by way of a review of literature relating to sport models, assembly and assessment of relevant statistical information, and consultation with stakeholders and sport officials.
Mr Canavan interviewed over 100 people and took in the opinions of key stakeholders, experienced sports administrators and numerous sporting academies lead to the formation of the report that was handed down today.
Outcomes from the findings of the process were presented to the Directors of the Board with the following recommendations tabled:
1. The NSWRL establishes a High Performance Unit which includes the key responsibility areas of the NSWRL Blues State of Origin department and high performance programs department.
2. The NSWRL appoints a full-time NSW Blues State of Origin Head Coach on a contractual basis who manages the NSW Blues Department and is actively involved in the Elite Player Development Department.
3. The NSWRL appoints a High Performance Programs Manager on a contractual basis to oversee the NSWRL State of Origin Blues and High Performance Junior Development Program.
4. The NSWRL establishes a long term association with the New South Wales Institute of Sport on a contractual basis which works at all levels in the High Performance program.
5. The NSWRL establishes a NSW Blues High Performance Unit Head Office which acts as the central location for the NSW Blues and High Performance programs.
6. The NSWRL Blues adopt the following: