HURRELLCANE HITS THE COAST | The Gold Coast Titans have confirmed the signing of former Vodafone War...
27 hours ago - 1 Likes
The Brisbane Broncos won?t find out until next week if they have succeeded in their appeal against the loss of two competition points.
The Broncos believe that the NRL stripping them of two points for having 14 players on the field during a match with the Wests Tigers earlier this year was unfair and have demanded the points be credited back to their 2004 tally.
The incident happened when Corey Parker ran onto the field while Shane Webcke was still being attended to by trainers. Parker, with his first touch of the ball, scored a try. The NRL claim that Parker was told by the interchange official not to go onto the field three times but defied the order.
After a marathon hearing in Sydney yesterday, the NRL announced that a final decision would be deferred. This morning, they said a decision would not be handed down today.
It?s believed that the NRL will make an announcement on Monday in relation to the issue.