FIRE DOUSED | After returning to finals action in 2015, the St George-Illawarra Dragons struggled un...
13 hours ago - 1 Likes
Queensland enforcer Carl Webb has stoked the fire for an explosive State of Origin opener by claiming the NSW pack will have something to prove after being outmuscled last year.
Webb is expecting another great forward battle when Queensland begin their defence of the Origin title in game one at Suncorp Stadium next Wednesday. While fellow Maroon forward Petero Civoniceva says he won't miss if Blues prop Brett White gets in his sights during game one.
Melbourne front-rower White ensured a fiery re-match with Civoniceva after recently claiming the Brisbane prop's forward pack at the Broncos had lost some of their intimidation.
Meanwhile, Queensland skipper Darren Lockyer says he is 100 per cent confident of playing despite battling a ankle niggle.
NSW centre Jamie Lyon and Queensland lock Dallas Johnson are both expected to fight charges at the NRL Judiciary tonight with the pair in danger of missing next week's State of Origin opener through suspension.
Manly star Lyon has pleaded not guilty to a dangerous throw charge and will be suspended for one week if he is unsuccessful at the judiciary. While Johnson is expected to challenge the grading of his grade two careless high tackle charge.
The Melbourne backrower is also facing a one week ban and has until midday to announce whether he will take the matter to the judiciary.