The NSW Blues have been named for the first game of the 2017 #Origin series.
6 days ago - 2 Likes
A panel of the two NSWRL Media Officers; Brad Preston and Jamie Anderson plus the Chief Editor of Rugby League News, Terry Liberopoulos have selected the Vulcans halfback, Pita Godinet in the NSW Cup's Team of the Year.
In making their selections, the panel a couple of points.
Firstly, that it is important to remember that this side is purely the opinions of the panel members and is in no way the opinions of any other NSWRL staff or affiliated members and that the side is named purely as a point of recognition for all of the players hard work.
Secondly, the panel has absolutely no knowledge of the Official Player of the Year points and hence these points were not taken into account when forming our sides. So it is quite conceivable that a player who misses out on our side may in fact still go on to be named as the NSW Cup Player of the Year.
Lastly, the panel advise that they tried to balance out our selection with a preference given to players who have played the vast majority of their football this year in the NSW Cup, and not the NRL. So players such as Kane Linnett or Sandor Earl for instance were not considered for selection.
Here is the NSWRL.com.au NSW Cup Team of the Year for 2010.
1. Michael Lett (Shellharbour Dragons)
2. Kevin Naiqama (Central Coast Centurions)
3. Tuu Maori (Newtown Jets)
4. Jamie Simpson (North Sydney Bears) (VC)
5. Rhys Pritchard (Western Suburbs Magpies)
6. Gareth Widdop (Melbourne Storm)
7. Pita Godinet (Auckland Vulcans)
8. David Gower (Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers)
9. Anthony Mitchell (Wentworthville Magpies)
10. Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
11. Matthew Ryan (Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers)
12. Daniel Harrison (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
13. Jared Farlow (Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers)