The NSW Blues have been named for the first game of the 2017 #Origin series.
6 days ago - 2 Likes
THE Queensland Rugby League has today announced the XXXX Queensland Residents team to play NSW in Sydney on Wednesday 7 July at ANZ Stadium.
The match is a curtain-raiser to Game Three of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series.
Sunshine Coast halfback Daly Cherry-Evans has been named captain after a man-of-the-match performance for Country in yesterday's clash against City at Gympie.
The Queensland team will enter camp on Friday with coach Brandon Costin.
The team is as follows:
1. David MILNE (Souths Logan Magpies)
2. Donald MALONE (Mackay Cutters)
3. Brett KELLY (Souths Logan Magpies)
4. Steve MICHAELS (Burleigh Bears)
5. Shea MOYLAN (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
6. Brad CROSS (Souths Logan Magpies)
7. Daly CHERRY-EVANS (c, Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles)
8. Kieran WHALLEY (Souths Logan Magpies)
9. Clint AMOS (Northern Pride)
10. Dayne WESTON (Burleigh Bears)
11. Jamie BUHRER (Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles)
12. Ryan SIMPKINS (Tweed Heads Seagulls)
13. Luke DALZIEL-DON (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
14. Phil DENNIS (Souths Logan Magpies)
15. Josh McGUIRE (Norths Devils)
16. Jack AFAMASAGA (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
17. Darcy LUSSICK (Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles)