CLINICAL | Last year's #NRL Minor Premiers and Premiers were ruthless tonight - the Roosters kept th...
9 hours ago - 1 Likes
Manly to discuss dramas tonight
The ownership of the Sea Eagles will return to the members and fans if co-owner Max Delmege has his way, dismissing a bid for his share from Scott Penn. The Manly board will meet tonight for the first time since they stood down Brett Stewart, Delmege insisting the focus of tonight's meeting would be on getting the side back on track. Delmege also rejected rumours that he's board would pass a no-confidence motion in Penn and CEO Grant Mayer.
This all comes at a time when fans are claiming their cherished home ground, Brookvale Oval, is not up to scratch for a premiership winning side. Just 8,867 fans turned up at Monday's match against the Panthers.
Idirs, Barba, and Te Maari disciplined
Canterbury are expected today to take further disciplinary action against their three young stars who had a fight amongst each other on the weekend.
The three players will be stood down from football for this weekend says the Telegraph - despite Jamal Idris being named in first grade to play Cronulla, and both Lee Te Maari and Ben Barba being named in the NSW cup side.
The brawl was reportedly instigated by Barba who had some push-and-shove with Te Maari while Idirs intervened.
They have since made peace. But the Dogs are expected to take a stance against the unwelcome behaviour as they continue to search for a new major sponsor.
Updates: Idris and Barba stood down this week. The Bulldogs have said Darryl Millard will replace Idris in the centres. Lee Te Maari will be stood down from all matches for two weeks - "the harsher penalty for Te Maari comes as a consequence of previous breaches," they said.
Also, a club investigation has today concluded that no further action needs to be taken against Daniel Holdsworth.
Knights may be forced away
Newcastle may be forced to play some home games away from Energy Australia Stadium if their dispute over licence fees continues.
Chief executive Steve Burraston said that the Knights might have to "look at relocating" to Gosford or to stadiums that pay teams to play there (such as the SFS or ANZ) "in order for us to survive."
NRL blocks sponsorship deal for Mini; Myles to stick around
NRL chief executive David Gallop has vetoed a sponsorship arrangement between a betting agency and Anthony Minichiello, denying the league veteran of a reported $50,000 deal.
Gallop told RLW that he had advised clubs "that we are uncomfortable with any proposed arrangement under which individual players are paid to endorse a particular betting agency."
But in better news for the Roosters, Nate Myles is reportedly going to stick around with them following news that other clubs were unwilling to fork out for the hard-man forward. Myles has been linked to the Cowboys.
Not again, Todd!
Photos of a nude Todd Carney have been revealed this morning in yet another embarrassment for the former Canberra player.
Unfortunately for Carney this comes at a time when he is trying to move on from controversy, turning to the bush to play footy and make a living.