Hey! So your NRL team sucks!
You don't care if you're running first. This is about next year. What ...
4 days ago
Australian Rugby League chief executive Geoff Carr has confirmed Danny Buderus will not be able to serve any of his six-game suspension during next month's Tri-Nations.
Buderus was last month given permission from the ARL to skip the end-of-season series against New Zealand and Great Britain for personal reasons. And Carr says the Newcastle hooker, who would have otherwise been an automatic selection for Australia, would not be able to go back on his decision.
Buderus received a six-match ban at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday for a dangerous tackle on Manly's Michael Robertson which ruled him out of the rest of the NRL final series. But he will miss three games at most at the start of the 2007 season, with the NSW Origin skipper able to serve up to two weeks during the pre-season in trials against NRL opposition.
Meanwhile, Chief Operating Officer Graham Annesley says the NRL has no plans to review its judicial system in the wake of Newcastle hooker Danny Buderus' six-match suspension.
Buderus called for the system to be reviewed last night after he was ruled out for the rest of the final series for a dangerous throw on Manly's Michael Robertson.
It was Buderus' first suspension after 10 years in the NRL.
But Annesley says the league has no current plans to review the system in the off-season.