Writer Rick Edgerton talks #MHFBeanie Round, the harrowing statistics behind Brain Cancer - and what...
5 hours ago
The St George Illawarra Dragons will be looking to make it seven consecutive victories in front of a fourth consecutive record home crowd* in their last round game of the regular season against the Knights at Oki Jubilee Stadium this Sunday.
The Dragons past three games at home have produced ground records* at both Oki Jubilee and WIN Stadium (Rnd 20 v Sharks Oki ? 17, 113; Rnd 21 v Roosters WIN ? 19,512, Rnd 24 ? Eels Oki ? 17, 523) and there is limited general admission tickets left available for what promises to be an exciting clash with the inform Newcastle.
Coach Nathan Brown has named the same team as last week with representative centre Matt Cooper still unavailable due to injury (hamstring) but expected to be fit for the Finals Series.
?The Knights are in great form and don?t deserve to be where they are on the competition ladder,? said Brown. ?We are expecting an extremely tough match and it is a great opportunity for us coming into the finals?.
* The ground record at Kogarah Jubilee, prior to the current sponsorship arrangement, stands at 23,582 (v Souths, May 4, 1975) - edit.
NRL v Newcastle Knights 3.00pm Sunday 4 September Oki Jubilee Stadium Coach: Nathan Brown
1. Clint GREENSHIELDS 2. Colin BEST 3. Mark GASNIER 4. Albert TORRENS 5. Wes NAIQAMA 6. Trent BARRETT (c) 7. Ben HORNBY 8. Luke BAILEY 9. Dean YOUNG 10. Jason RYLES 11. Ben CREAGH 12. Lance THOMPSON 13. Shaun TIMMINS
14. Ashton SIMS 15. Justin POORE 16. Corey PAYNE 17. Michael ENNIS 18. Michael HENDERSON
Premier League v Newcastle Knights 1.00pm Sunday 4 September Oki Jubilee Stadium Coach: Michael Potter
1. Reece SIMMONDS 2. Tom HEWITT 3. Luke MERCER 4. Shane MARTEENE 5. Nick YOUNGQUEST 6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH 7. Chris SHEPPARD 8. Bryan NORRIE 9. Aaron GORRELL (c) 10. Sam FAUST 11. Luke DALZIEL-DON 12. Brett KELLY 13. Willie MANU
15. Adam CAWLEY 16. Luke ROBERTS 17. Wade HUMPHREYS 18. Ryan POWELL 19. Aaron WHEATLEY
Jersey Flegg v Bye