PREVIEW 🔍 Robert Crosby looks at what to expect in Sunday night's second State of Origin clash.
7 hours ago
Senior Dragons players have taken time out from their bye week to support the Dragons? Women In League Annual Cocktail Party and Charity Auction to raise funds for breast cancer at Wollongong on Friday night.
Dragons stalwarts Lance Thompson, Jason Ryles and Shaun Timmins and talented young prop Ashton Sims will join Crystal Bears Women In League (WIL) Patron and former Dragons captain Brad Mackay at the gala function at the Pearl Room, City Beach Function Centre.
The inaugural event last year raised $8500 for Joanne Mackay Breast Cancer Foundation.
WIL chairperson Elizabeth Kingston will present Mackay another cheque for the Foundation to the value of $2200, which was raised at the WIL Origin Night in Sydney in July.
Kingston is hopeful this year?s auction will raise at least $10,000, taking WIL?s donation to support breast cancer research to over $20,000 in just 12 months.
Some of the items up for auction on Friday night include:
- Signed boots worn by Mark Gasnier in his four try performance against the Tiger on June 20, 2004
- Origin 2005 signed training singlet
- 2005 signed Dragons jersey and matchball
- 2005 rabbitohs signed jersey and ball
- 2004 Official Australian team shirt signed by various Australian medallists and other high profile athletes including Ian Thorpe
- Kookaburras singlet ? signed by the 2004 Olympic gold medallists
- Hawks 2004-05 Grand Finalists singlet signed by Darnell Mee
- Hawks 2004-05 signed team photo
- 2001 Kellogg?s Nutri-Grain Australian ironman singlet including signatures from current Australian ironman Nathan Smith and former Wollongong-born champ Darren Mercer
There is also a huge range of other non-sports memorabilia and also be a long list of $20 and $50 ?scrolls? available so everyone can join in the fun of the evening.