engage Super League Rd 28 Review

Leeds Rhinos 60 (Tansey 3, Williams 2, Ellis, Senior, McGuire, Donald, Jones-Buchanan tries; Sinfield 7, Burrow 3 goals) def. Catalans Dragons 12 (Murphy, Bosc tries; Frayssinous 2 goals). Att: 13,391.

Leeds Rhinos got back to winning ways by scoring ten converted tries against the Catalans Dragons at Headingley Carnegie Stadium.

The Rhinos, who were coming off a hammering at St Helens last week, got off to a dream start by running in three tries in the first 10 minutes of the game. Star of the show was youngster Jordan Tansey who scored his first hat-trick at senior level by half time as the hosts opened up a 36-12 lead.

Thomas Bosc and Justin Murphy did cross for Catalans but there was no let-up in the second half as Leeds added four more tries to complete an emphatic win.

The Dragons will now look forward to next year as they try to improve on their bottom of the table finish.

Wigan Warriors 38 (Ashton 2, McAvoy, Dobson, Hock, Paleaaesina, Hansen tries; Dobson 5 goals) def. Hull F.C. 14 (Briscoe, Dale, Tony tries; Cooke, Whiting goals). Att: 16,554.

Wigan Warriors ended their season on a high with a convincing win over Hull F.C. at JJB Stadium.

Iafeta Paleassina stretched over for the opening try and the superb Michael Dobson, and Chris Ashton with two, added further first-half tries as the hosts led 24-4.

Matt Dale crossed for Hull but tries from Harrison Hansen and Nathan McAvoy put the outcome beyond doubt. Hull did improve in the final quarter and restored some pride with scores from Motu Tony and Shaun Briscoe.

However, Gareth Hock had the last say in the game by scoring Wigan' seventh try.

Harlequins R.L. 40 (Dorn 3, Purdham, Wells, Gafa, Lucky Luisi tries; Purdham 6 goals) def. Salford City Reds 18 (Robinson, Haggerty, Hodgson tries; Charles 3 goals). Att: 3,053.

Harlequins R.L. ended the season with a comprehensive win over Salford City Reds at Twickenham Stoop.

The Quins led 24-0 at half-time as Dorn grabbed a brace of tries, Rob Purdham and Jon Wells also went over. The hosts added three more tries after the break with Dorn completing his hat-trick against his new club for next year. Chad Randall and Zeb Lucky Luisi also scored.

Luke Robinson, David Hodgson and Gareth Haggerty scored for Salford, who now look forward to the play offs with a trip to Bradford next Saturday.

Wakefield Wildcats 29 (Evans 2, Demetriou, Betham, Henderson tries; Rooney 4 goals, field goal) def. Castleford Tigers 17 (Nutley, Manu, A Fletcher tries; Brough 2 goals, field goal). Att: 11,000.

Wakefield Wildcats preserved their engage Super League status and relegated local rivals Castleford Tigers at a packed A.S. Stadium.

The Tigers started the better and opened up an 11-2 lead with tries from Willie Manu and Adam Fletcher. However, the hosts responded and with tries from James Evans and Jason Demetriou to lead 14-11 at the break.

Captain Danny Nutley put the visitors back in front, Monty Betham hit back for Wakefield before further tries from Kevin Henderson and Evans sealed victory as the Wildcats completed the great escape.

Bradford Bulls 42 (St Hilaire 2, Withers 2, Burgess, Bai, Hape tries; Deacon 7 goals) def. Huddersfield Giants 30 (McDonald, Donlan, Raleigh, Aspinwall, Wild tries; De Vere 5 goals). Att: 7,002.

Bradford Bulls got back to winning ways in a high scoring game over Huddersfield Giants at Galpharm Stadium.

The Bulls opened up an 18-6 lead at the break with tries from Michael Withers and Marcus St Hilaire, who scored a brace; Andy Raleigh scored for the hosts.

However, Huddersfield fought back with tries from Martin Aspinwall, Wayne McDonald, Steven Wild and Stuart Donlan to lead 30-24 with eight minutes to go.

The Bulls stepped up a gear in the last few minutes of the game and ran in three converted tries from Marcus Bai, Shontayne Hape and Sam Burgess to wrap up victory ahead of the play offs.

St Helens 38 (Wellens 2, Gardner 2, Talau, V Anderson, Wilkin tries; Lyon 5 goals) def. Warrington Wolves 30 (Kohe-Love, Barnett, Westwood, Wood, M Gleeson, Bridge tries; Briers 3 goals). Att: 13,024.

St Helens kept up their winning run ahead of the play offs by coming from behind to defeat Warrington Wolves at Halliwell Jones Stadium.

The Wolves raced into a 16-0 lead through tries from Paul Wood, Richie Barnett and Ben Westwood. However, Saints roared back and produced a 20-minute spell of devastating rugby league with tries from Jon Wilkin and a brace apiece from Ade Gardner and Paul Wellens to lead 28-16 at the break.

The visitors added further tries from Willie Talau and Vinnie Anderson to wrap up victory. Warrington must know travel to Leeds Rhinos in the play offs on Friday night.