engage Super League Round 18

Bradford Bulls 42 (Vainikolo 2, Ferres 2, B Harris 2, Meyers tries; Deacon 7 goals) def. Huddersfield Giants 16 (Snitch, Nero tries; Thorman 4 goals). Att: 10,655.

Bradford Bulls began life after Stuart Fielden with a comfortable win over the Huddersfield Giants at the newly named Grattan Stadium.

The Bulls led only 12-10 after 52 minutes, with tries from Lesley Vainikolo and Ben Harris. The Giants try came from Chris Nero. However, the Hosts put the foot on the gas and scored three unanswered tries in a clinical nine-minute spell.

Steve Snitch grabbed a consolation try for Huddersfield, with Thorman kicking his fourth goal from as many attempts. But Bradford had the final say when Harris forced his way over from close range and Ferres also grabbed his second following a defensive mix-up.

Paul Deacon converted all seven tries, for the Bulls, to set a new scoring record of 1,834 points, beating the previous best set by Keith Mumby.

Hull F.C. 28 (Domic, Lee, Blacklock, Tony, R Horne tries; Cook 4 goals) def. Castleford Tigers 10 (Fa'aoso, Henderson tries; Brough goal). Att: 11,360.

Hull FC set a new club record as they sealed their 10th win on the trot to overcome the Castleford Tigers at the K.C. stadium.

The Tigers scored after just 16 seconds through Andy Henderson but Hull hit back with a quickfire double from Motu Tony and Richard Horne. After that, they were rarely troubled again, conceding just one more try from Richard Fa'aoso.

Meanwhile, the Black and White?s Sid Domic added another before the break to give the hosts an 18-6 lead. In the second half, Richard Fa'aoso scored a consolation for the visitors, before late tries by Tommy Lee and Nathan Blacklock wrapped up victory for the Arlie Birds.

Leeds Rhinos 36 (Smith 2, Ellis 2, Senior, McGuire tries; Sinfield 6 goals) def. Wakefield Wildcats 20 (Tadulala, Atkins, Jeffries, J Field tries; Rooney 2 goals). Att: 13,597.

Leeds Rhinos continued their winning run by disposing of the Wakefield Wildcats at Headingley Carnegie Stadium.

The hosts opened up a 12-0 lead with tries from ex-Wildcat Gareth Ellis and Keith Senior. Wakefield hit back in style and scored two tries in two minutes through Ben Jeffries and Ryan Atkins to level the game. Just before half time, Ellis added his second try to give the Rhinos an 18-12 lead.

Straight after the start of the second half Leeds moved into turbo drive and scored three unanswered tries from Danny McGuire and a brace for Lee Smith. The visitors hit back with two unconverted tries from Semi Tadulala and Jamie Field, but the hosts held on and cemented their victory with a late Kevin Sinfield penalty goal.

The Rhinos also announced the signing of New Zealand fullback Brent Webb for the 2007 season.

Wigan Warriors 30 (O'Loughlin, McAvoy, Paleaaesina, Dallas, Fletcher tries; Dobson 5 goals) def. Warrington Wolves 12 (Grix, Kohe-Love tries; Briers 2 goals). Att: 16,103.

Wigan Warriors moved to within four points of safety with a vital win over the Warrington Wolves at the JJB Stadium.

The Cherry and Whites responded to the pre-match hype of their world record ?450,000 signing of Stuart Fielden who failed to score on his debut, by recording their first back-to-back win in the engage Super League this season.

Wigan took a 14-12 lead at half-time, with tries from Iafeta Paleaaesina and Nathan McAvoy. The Wolves tries came from Simon Grix and Toa Kohe-Love with Lee Bries converting both scores.

Warrington were kept scoreless in the second half and tries from Brett Dallas, Sean O'Loughlin and Bryan Fletcher wrapped the game up for the hosts. Michael Dobson slotted over five goals in a priceless victory for Wigan.

Catalans Dragons 38 (Murphy 2, Hughes, Mounis, Cologni, Verges tries; Jones 7 goals) def. Harlequins R.L. 18 (Bradley-Qalilawa, Smith, Temata tries; Paul 3 goals). Att: 4,197.

Catalans Dragon came from behind to defeat Harlequins RL in the South of France.

It was the visitors who started the brighter and they raced into a 12-0 lead after 11 minutes with tries from Nick Bradley-Qalilawa and Karl Temata, both converted by Henry Paul.

However, the Dragons hit back with three quickfire tries from Justin Murphy, Gregory Mounis and Bruno Verges to lead 20-12 at the break. Murphy claimed his second try before Quins pair Mark McLinden and Daniel Williams were sin-binned. With the visitors down to 11 men, Catalans scored two further tries from Aurelien Cologni and Mark Hughes while Jones maintained his 100% kicking record to give the hosts a well-earned victory.

Tyrone Smith did score a late consolation for the Quins.

St Helens 28 (Lyon 2, Sculthorpe, Pryce, Gardner, Wilkin tries; Lyon 2 goals) def. Salford City Reds 6 (Haggerty tries; Myler goal). Att: 8,307.

St Helens got back to winning ways by easing past the Salford City Reds at Knowsley Road.

The home side opened the scoring through Leon Pryce and added to their lead after Jamie Lyon went over after 24 minutes. The Reds cut the lead when Gareth Haggerty powered his way over and Stephen Myler added the extras. The hosts lead 10-6 at the break.

In the second half Saints upped the ante and added further tries from John Wilkin, Paul Sculthorpe, Ade Gardner and a second for Lyon.

The only concern for the hosts was the injury to Kiwi winger Francis Meli who is out of Tuesday night?s XXXX Test match Great Britain and New Zealand.