engage Super League XIII Round 1

Warrington Wolves 32 Tries: Bridge 2, King, Hicks, V. Anderson, Westwood Goals: Briers 4

Hull FC 20 Tries: Hall 2, Horne Goals: Tickle 4

Att: 11,026

Warrington Wolves got off to a winning start with victory over injury hit Hull FC at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Hull came into this game missing seven regulars, in which five came from their backline.Chris Bridge opened the scoring and ex-Sea Eagle Chris Hicks extended the Wolves lead by finishing of a slick handling move.

Hull got back into the game with a Craig Hall try after a mistake from Bridge. And with the boot of Danny Tickle they took a narrow lead. However this was short lived as two tries from Vinnie Anderson and a long range special from new boy Matt King gave Warrington the lead but just before the break Hall scored his second to cut the hosts lead to 20-14.

Just after the restart Ben Westwood scored the Wolves fifth try after fine work from new scrum-half Michael Monaghan, who had an impressive debut.

It then took nearly 30 minutes for the next score when on 75 minutes Bridge clinched the win for the Wolves with his second try.

Graeme Horne touched down for a consolation for the visitors in the last minute.

Harlequins RL 28 Tries: Gafa 2, McLinden, Hill, Paul Goals: Paul 4

Wigan Warriors 47 Tries: Goulding 2, Mcllorum 2, Hansen, Paleaaesina, Mathers Goals: Richards 9 Drop Goal: Barrett

Att: 8,041

Wigan Warriors stormed back from a 12 point deficit to record an opening day win over Harlequins RL at the Twickenham Stoop.

Matt Gafa scored early on for the hosts, before Darrell Goulding replied for the Warriors and with the immaculate kicking of Pat Richards they opened up a 4 point lead. Mark McLinden levelled up the game but once again Michael Mcllorum gave the visitors the lead. But just on the break Quins had the final say after Gafa's grubber kick was pounced on by Scott Hill to end an exciting half at 16-16.

Quins began the second half strongly with both Henry Paul and Gafa going over to give themselves a 28-16 lead after 52 minutes.

But Wigan sprung into life and turned the game on its head by scoring three tries in ten minutes spell from Harrison Hansen, a second for Goulding and Iafeta Paleaaesina. Richard Mathers rounded the scoring off with a last minute debut try.

Castleford Tigers 14 Tries: Donlan, Shenton Goals: Westerman 3

Catalans Dragons 21 Tries: Mounis, Croker, Bosc Goals: Bosc 4 Drop Goal: Bosc

Att: 7,060

Catalans Dragons came from behind to get the better over new boys Castleford Tigers at the Jungle.

Trailing 12-2 at half-time the French side produced a strong second half show to get the two points. Gregory Mounis, Jason Croker and Thomas Bosc scored tries after the break with Bosc adding three goals and a drop goal. They also played with 12 men for ten minutes with David Ferriol been in the sin-bin.

The Tigers took control of the game in the first half with tries from Stuart Donlan and Michael Shenton. Youngster Joe Westerman kicked two goals, but they tired in the second half with a Westerman goal being there only score.

This was the Dragons first away league win since last Easter.

Huddersfield Giants 10 Tries: Jenson, Robinson Goals: Thorman

Leeds Rhinos 30 Tries: Webb 2, Jones-Buchanan, Hall 2 Goals: Sinfield 4, Burrow

Att: 15,629

Leeds Rhinos made it 2 from 2 with a comfortable win over Huddersfield Giants at the Galpharm Stadium.

In front of their record Super League crowd - the biggest for over 40 years - the Hosts struggled for long periods of the game against the Champions. Brett Webb scored a double from grubber kicks, James Jones-Buchanan and a 60 meter from Ryan Hall gave Leeds a comfortable 22-4 lead at the break. The Giants scored came from Rod Jenson after a neat pass from debutant, Kiwi centre Paul Whaturia.

The game was effectively over just after the restart when Hall intercepted Kevin Brown