INJUNCTION GRANTED | Parramatta Eels have issued the following statement after today's drama includi...
36 hours ago
Dragons centre Mark Gasnier returned to training with the St George Bank Dragons today as planned.
He attended weights in the morning at Carss Park followed by team conditioning, lunch and ball work at Oki Jubilee Stadium.
Dragons CEO Peter Doust said he was very happy to see Gasnier continuing the process of resolving the issues that he confronted last week. He was granted leave last Thursday and missed the Warriors game in Auckland.
?We should recognise Mark is working through the issues which caused him be uncertain about where he was at, in the game, and I think he is reflecting the appropriate values,? Doust said.
Gasnier said it was ?good to be back? and that he was sorry he had ?let the boys and supporters down?.
?I?m happy to be here ? I wouldn?t be back if I wasn?t,? he said. ?I am very grateful for all the support I have received from the club, my team mates, family and friends ? it?s been overwhelming - and I will be doing my best for the Dragons this weekend.
?I have been embarrassed by the media and public interest. It has all been a very humbling experience, however, I want to move on and focus on playing rugby league.?
In other news, St.George Bank Dragons fullback Ben Hornby has taken the early plea on a grade 1 dangerous throw charge (93 points) and will be available to play against the Storm in Melbourne this Sunday.