Time to look ahead to Sunday's decider! Rob Crosby has a full look at both teams and what to expect ...
22 hours ago
The Newcastle Knights intend on raising a number of concerns with the National Rugby League after judiciary chairman Greg Woods denied the club leave to appeal a one-match ban against prop Josh Perry.
Woods handed down his decision this morning after hearing submissions from Alan Sullivan QC, acting on behalf of Newcastle, and judiciary commissioner Jim Hall. Woods said there was nothing in Newcastle's application that gave rise to a possible appeal.
At the time, Justice Woods said that Perry's action of deliberately to clawing or raking his fingers across the face of another player - for no legitimate reason -may amount to conduct contrary to the true spirit of the game and would in turn be an offence.
Therefore, Perry's application to appeal based on it being the wrong charge was doomed because the exact nature of the charge had been specifically addressed and settled upon in the original hearing.
Perry, who flew to Melbourne with the Knights squad for tomorrow's clash with the Storm, will now sit out the match, allowing Blake Mueller to make his debut for Newcastle.