23-04-2011 07:30PM at ANZ Stadium
Whilst some fans at Redfern might have been impressed with 65 minutes of their team's performance against the Dragons on Monday night, others will be concerned with the fact that Souths have scored 1 try in their last two games of football. Admittedly, these games were against 2 of the competitions elite sides, but it must be a concern for John Lang and his 'play what's in front of you' approach to offence.
Against the Bulldogs at Homebush on Saturday night, this plan of attack will only work if the Rabbitohs defence holds firm against an extremely potent Canterbury side. It won't. The 'Dogs control possession and the scoreboard. Whatever your plans are for the long weekend, tune in to this match in the hope that Mick Ennis repeats his sledge from last week, only this time to Dave Taylor. The resulting chase around ANZ stadium will be akin to a Benny Hill skit.
My Tip: Bulldogs 30-20
NOTE: Members and fans attending the Bulldogs v Rabbitohs match on Saturday can travel to ANZ Stadium FREE on public transport as part of their match ticket. The offer extends to CityRail and Major Event bus services from all areas of Sydney.
|Canterbury Bulldogs South Sydney Rabbitohs|
Head to Head
|2011||Round 2||ANZ Stadium||Canterbury Bulldogs||28-19|
|2010||NRL - Round 21||ANZ Stadium||Canterbury Bulldogs||32-12|
|2010||NRL - Round 4||ANZ Stadium||South Sydney Rabbitohs||38-16|
|2009||Round 21||ANZ Stadium, Homebush Bay||Canterbury Bulldogs||26-18|
|2009||Round 5||ANZ Stadium||Canterbury Bulldogs||14-12|
Other Games this Round
- Wests Tigers v Brisbane Broncos at Sydney Football Stadium
- Manly Sea Eagles v Penrith Panthers at Brookvale Oval
- Cronulla Sutherland Sharks v North Queensland Cowboys at Toyota Stadium
- Canterbury Bulldogs v South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium
- Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights at Canberra Stadium
- Parramatta Eels v Gold Coast Titans at Parramatta Stadium
- Sydney Roosters v St George Illawarra Dragons at Sydney Football Stadium
- Melbourne Storm v New Zealand Warriors at AAMI Park, Melbourne