The NSW Blues have been named for the first game of the 2017 #Origin series.
23 hours ago - 2 Likes
South Sydney has reportedly told up to ten players that they will never again play first grade for the embattled National Rugby League club.
The news, reported by radio station 2GB, comes on a day when Rabbitohs chairman George Piggins and TV personality Andrew Denton, part of a ticket challenging the current football board, traded bitter words in public.
On radio station 2SM, Piggins accused Denton of supporting a merger between Souths and Cronulla before the foundation club embarked on a two-year court battle with News Limited for reinstatement to the NRL.
The pair exchanged angry words as Denton and his ticket, headed by lawyer Nick Pappas, prepare to wrest control of the club from Piggins at the football board elections Sunday week.
Meanwhile, the careers of at least four players at the Rabbitohs looks to be over after they were told they were surplus requirements to the first grade squad.
But hooker Jason Death, winger Joven Clarke, utility Andrew Hinson and centre Russell Richardson won't be sacked because it will cost the club too much money to pay out their contracts.
2GB reported that more players will be told they have no future at the club under new coach Paul Langmack, who has been appointed to the job for three years.
Souths have not won a match since July last year and face 2002 grand finalist New Zealand Warriors at Ericsson Stadium on Sunday.