SUNDAY STYLE | The Cronulla Sharks made it 15 straight downing Newcastle at home, while the Wests Ti...
21 hours ago - 1 Likes
Just when it seemed the Warriors injury situation was improving Coach Stuart Raper has revealed that Full Back Kris Radlinski is ruled out of action for up to three months with a re-occurence of a wrist injury.
The bone graft operation which he had at the end of last year hasn't taken as had hoped, and Kris picked up the same injury again at the start of this season.This now requires another op which will mean Radlinski is out for around 12 weeks.
Speaking about the news, Stuart Raper said,
"This is another blow to us.We have known for a while that Kris needed an operation and has been playing with pain killing injections for most of the season. Kris put his hand up and said he would continue to play during the awful run of injuries that we have had, but now players are on there way back he will have the surgery." "It is a big disappointment to the team and Kris himself, to lose his services for that length of time, it seems as soon as we look like getting some troops back, there is someone else ruled out. But in saying that I am very confident that Shaun Briscoe who has played Full Back this season will do a good job for us whilst Kris is out."
For more information contact Graham Emmerson - Wigan Warriors Press Officer- 01942 774000