CLINICAL | Last year's #NRL Minor Premiers and Premiers were ruthless tonight - the Roosters kept th...
21 hours ago - 1 Likes
Raiders name 30 to take on Storm
The Canberra Raiders have named 30 players to take on the Melbourne Storm in their first trial of 2012, with all four All-Star representatives expected to feature in the game on Saturday night at Lavington Sports Ground.
Josh Dugan, Joel Thompson, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Travis Waddell have all been included in the squad, indicating the Raiders are looking to get as much game time for their players as they can in their opening hit out of the season.
The Raiders are only missing four of their top squad for the clash with Melbourne, with Jarrod Croker (knee), Nathan Massey (Achilles), Drury Low (hamstring) and Haydon Hodge (knee) unavailable through injury. All four are expected to be fit for selection in round one, with Croker only set to miss the opening trial.
The only concern for the Raiders is David Shillington who missed the teams contact session yesterday with an infected elbow, with a decision to be made on his availability on Saturday.
Raiders Coach David Furner said the aim of the first trial is for the players to get valuable game time and said the squad would equally share the time on the field during the three 30 minute intervals.