Super League fans down under rejoice! Last night it was confirmed we'll be seeing Wigan Warriors and...
27 hours ago - 3 Likes
The National Rugby League received a full list of demands from the players' union on Friday - but declined to put a time frame on when talks would resume.
NRL chief executive David Gallop, who was in Canberra for the opening game of this year's finals and had not seen the document, said he would consult the 15 clubs on issues identified by the players before continuing talks with the Rugby League Professionals Association (RLPA).
However, RLPA president Tony Butterfield said he hoped to meet with Gallop as early as Tuesday to identify which issues were in dispute and set a timetable for talks.
Butterfield said the document sent to the NRL contained 29 issues and he remained confident the parties could thrash out a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) by the start of November.
Butterfield was also keen to set a date for a proposed two-day get together at which all the stakeholders in the game could discuss issues in dispute.
"We'll talk about the timetable and this two-day get together, if we're still trying to make this November 1 time line," Butterfield said.
"The best time to do it is now."
The NRL and RLPA have been in dispute since talks broke down last week over six key issues identified by the players.
The NRL cancelled the prestigious Dally M awards after the players threatened to boycott the evening.
Gallop and the clubs then called on the RLPA to put all their demands on the table before the resumption of talks.