Wests Tigers #NRL player Kyle Lovett has been charged with drug possession by the NSW Police Force.
11 hours ago
On Saturday night, Scotland beat England at rugby league for the first time in nine years and the first time ever at open age level. The 17-16 victory in London by the Scotland A team over England Lionhearts ranks among Scotland's greatest achievements in rugby league and gives them the opportunity to finish runners-up in the Parkhouse Recruitment Home Nations Championship for the second successive season.
- The winning try was scored by winger Andy Brown, who plays for Fife Lions, lives in Dunfremline and works in Edinburgh. Fife Lions are currently top of the Scottish Conference
- He gave Scotland debuts to seven players: brothers Ben and Rob Copley, both of whom scored tries; Edinburgh Eagles duo Andy Todd and Mike Benson; Kiwi-born prop Nick Surtees; 19 year old Ayr prospect Kevin Lang of Clyde Bulls; and Glasgow-born Australian-raised forward Steve Deviney, now back in the city playing for Easterhouse Panthers.
- Barry Edgar kicked two conversions and his early drop goal made the winning difference - four years ago Barry missed a goal attempt that would have seen Scotland Students beat England in the Europa Cup semi-final in Russia.
- Every player and the management team pay for their own accomodation, travel, food and equipment costs so they can play for Scotland
- Eight of the squad came through the Scotland Students RL team to the senior squad
Gavin Willacy Scotland Rugby League A Team Manager 07796 442041 www.scotlandrugbyleague.org.uk