INJUNCTION GRANTED | Parramatta Eels have issued the following statement after today's drama includi...
9 hours ago
Sharks president Barry Pierce issued a statement announcing the board's backing for Anderson in the wake of his "sack me or back me" demand on Sunday and meetings on Tuesday.
The latest moves come with the Sharks languishing second last on the ladder with just five wins and 13 losses as Anderson continued to replace many experienced players.
"The board recognised that Chris' strategy has caused some concerns, however it believes that the steps that are being taken will result in a stronger football team," said Pierce.
"The board supports Chris and his strategy for the future of the Sharks. It is worth noting that the board has always supported Chris despite reports to the contrary.
However, Pierce said, the board would meet with Anderson on August 5 to finalise some changes they had agreed on.
He also said the board had been advised that Anderson regretted many of the statements he'd made which had been reported recently.