Super League Saturday-Review

Colin Best's 74th minute try gave Hull FC a 20-all draw at London Broncos on Saturday night in a tense clash at Griffin Park. The Airlie Birds led only once in the game - 8-6 during the first half, and trailed 20-10 before showing their fighting spirit to claw back for a point.

For London, they are now six games unbeaten, although they will be disappointed not to have secured the two points before Alex Wilkinson and Best gave Hull a lifeline.

The Broncos hit the front after six minutes, with Russell Bawden being hauled down short before Neil Budworth and Jason Netherton sent Nigel Roy over out wide.

Chris Thorman added the conversion, while former Bronco Peter Lupton went close and Dennis Moran had to track back to stop a breakaway Dean Treister.

And Hull managed to level matters on 18 minutes, when Tony Martin's inside pass - intended for Moran - went to ground and makeshift Hull full back Best scooped up the ball and raced 90 yards to the other end.

Paul Cooke goaled, and added a penalty on 25 minutes to edge them in front before Best saw a second try ruled out for a double movement.

London took full advantage of that error at the other end, with Moran's grubber allowing Martin to race through and collect before Best to dive over and give the hosts a 12-8 lead.

They maintained that advantage going into the break, although they had another let-off when Sean Ryan lost the ball in Moran's tackle just short of the line after Cooke's half-break.

Thorman and Cooke traded penalties after the restart before London moved into a 20-10 lead, with Roy's break setting up the position for Netherton to allow Steve Hall to touch down at the corner.

Thorman's chip and collect almost created another chance, but Roy's indecision saw the opportunity go begging, and Hull hit back before the hour at the other end.

Wilkinson, who had a spell on loan at London last year, forced his way between Martin and Rob Purdham to touch down and cut the gap to six points.

Another Thorman chip caused danger, but Steele Retchless could not collect his flicked pass, while they were unable to set up the position for a drop goal before Hull levelled matters.

Best collected a loose ball inside his own half, and stepped past Damien Kennedy before sweeping past Moran and handing off Hall to touch down, Cooke's goal levelling matters.

Thorman was unable to land a long-range drop goal attempt, while there was drama in the final seconds when Moran raced clear and kicked on before appearing to be impeded by Best.

But referee Steve Ganson decided that the challenge was fair, and the Airlie Birds returned to The KC Stadium with a point.