Super League Sunday - Review

Bradford 12-22 London Broncos

Bradford's run over 13 successive wins in cup and league came to an abrupt end as the London Broncos produced a stunning victory at Odsal.

Australian Dennis Moran, who only arrived in Bradford hours before kick-off after flying home mid-week for a family funeral, scored a hat-trick of tries for the rampant Broncos.

Moran opened the scoring on four minutes, converted by Chris Thorman, before the Australian engineered a try for second-row Matt Toshack to set up a 10-0 lead.

Bradford hit back when Great Britain second-rower Jamie Peacock sent Scott Naylor over for a try after 33 minutes and Paul Deacon added the goal.

But London responded immediately with the irrepressible Moran crossing for his second try after good work by loose-forward Jim Dymock and substitute Tommy Gallagher.

Thorman's goal restored the 10-point gap but right on the interval Bradford came again with Anderson setting up a try for pack colleague Rob Parker and Deacon's goal made it 12-16 at the interval.

Bradford's plight was not helped when Deacon was carried off injured soon after the resumption and they fell further behind as Moran gathered another tricky kick from Thorman to complete his hat-trick.

Bradford: Paul, Vaikona, Naylor, Hape, Vainikolo, Pratt, Deacon, Vagana, Lowes, Gartner, Radford, Peacock, Forshaw. Replacements: Pryce, Langley, Parker, Anderson.

London: Moran, Sykes, Martin, Roy, Hall, Purdham, Thorman, Bawden, Budworth, Retchless, Peden, Toshack, Dymock. Replacements: Kennedy, Marshall, Stephenson, Gallagher.

Referee: Robert Connolly (Wigan) ----------------------------------

Warrington 30-30 St Helens

Warrington produced a battling display to earn a deserved draw against Super League champions St Helens at Wilderspool.

The Wolves led 24-10 early in the second half before St Helens rallied to lead 30-24.

But Lee Penny snatched a late try to earn the Wolves a valuable point.

Australian centre Brent Grose put Warrington ahead on three minutes and Lee Briers tagged on the conversion.

But Saints drew level when Mike Bennett collected Keiron Cunningham's pass to go over and Sculthorpe landed the goal.

Warrington restored the lead with Grose's second try after a fortunate bounce from Briers' kick but Sculthorpe cut the gap to 12-10.

Warrington notched a third try in the 26th minute and looked on the way to a rare victory over their arch-rivals when French international Jerome Guisset took Paul Noone's pass to make it 24-10.

Saints then launched their recovery and grabbed four tries in 17 minutes.

Sculthorpe began the revival with his second try before others followed from Gardner, Sean Long, and Paul Newlove.

But Warrington were not to be denied and levelled the scores in the 76th minute with a try from full-back Penny before Briers landed his fifth goal from five attempts.

Warrington: Penny, Appo, Grose, Sibbit, Smyth, Briers, N. Wood, Fozzard, Clarke, Hilton, Burns, Wainwright, Domic. Replacements: Noone, Gleeson, Guisset, Stevens.

St Helens: Stewart, Albert, Gleeson, Newlove, Gardner, Sculthorpe, Long, Britt, Cunningham, Joynt, Bennett, Stankevitch, Smith. Replacements: Wellens, Higham, Ward, Jones.

Referee: Richard Silverwood (Dewsbury)