Jeff Dickinson-Fox reviews the campaign which saw Melbourne Storm crowned premiers in 2017.
5 days ago
Ten of the players in the line-up are British, while the team also contains a former Australia international (Jamie Lyon) and a Queensland State of Origin representative (Danny Nutley).
The inclusion of Justin Murphy from Catalans ? who have completed their debut season in the competition ? is a tremendous boost for the French club.
The Dream Team is chosen by a panel of rugby league media who regularly cover the engage Super League competition and is based on form throughout the 28-round regular season.
The line-up contains six players who have previously never been included in a Super League Dream Team.
Keiron Cunningham makes his sixth appearance in the Dream Team. The St Helens hooker featured in the inaugural Dream Team (1996) and was also chosen in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2005.
Wigan?s Stuart Fielden appears in the Dream Team for a third time having previously been in the 2000 and 2002 selections.
The 13 players included in the team can be regarded as the best in their positions in the competition during the 2006 season.
The 2006 engage Super League Dream Team (previous Dream Team appearances in square brackets):
1. Paul Wellens (St Helens) 
2. Justin Murphy (Catalans Dragons) [Debut]
3. Jamie Lyon (St Helens) 
4. Kirk Yeaman (Hull FC) [Debut]
5. David Hodgson (Salford City Reds) [Debut]
6. Danny McGuire (Leeds Rhinos) 
7. Sean Long (St Helens) 
8. Stuart Fielden (Wigan Warriors) [2000, 2002]
9. Keiron Cunningham (St Helens) [1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005]
10. Danny Nutley (Castleford Tigers) [Debut]
11. Gareth Ellis (Leeds Rhinos) [Debut]
12. Jon Wilkin (St Helens) [Debut]
13. Kevin Sinfield (Leeds Rhinos)