35 hours ago - 17 Likes
Team Match - Up. Grand Finalists
1. Anthony Minichiello Age: 23 Height: 180cm Weight: 82kg. Minichiello played on the wing in last year's grand final, but his move to fullback has been a raging success. One of the players of the season
2. Todd Byrne Age: 25 Height: 189cm Weight: 86kg. `Skinny' Byrne missed last year's grand final but he gets his chance this season after another consistent year. Underrated player who rarely makes a mistake.
3. Ryan Cross Age: 23 Height: 192cm Weight: 93kg. Cross has bounced back magnificently from a couple of injury-plagued seasons. Quick centre who knows his way to the tryline.
4. Shannon Hegarty Age: 24 Height: 184cm Weight: 87kg. Made his test debut earlier this year and has been a more than adequate replacement for the injured Justin Hodges in the centres. Dynamic out of dummy half.
5. Chris Walker Age: 23 Height: 184cm Weight: 92kg. Has given the Roosters another dimension with his speed since joining the club mid-season. A question mark remains over his defencive ability.
6. Brad Fittler Age: 31 Height: 186cm Weight: 96kg. Still one of the best players in the NRL despite being in the twilight of his career. Destined to be remembered as one of the greats. Has it all - speed, a deadly step and strong defence.
7. Brett Finch Age: 22 Height: 183cm Weight: 82kg. Has overcome a sluggish start at Bondi Junction to establish himself as the perfect foil for Fittler. A smart player with a good kicking game.
8. Jason Cayless Age: 23 Height: 194cm Weight: 108kg. Kiwi international who goes about his business quietly and with a minimum of fuss. Never lets the Roosters down.
9. Craig Wing Age: 23 Height: 180cm Weight: 86kg Wing has had another standout season and is one of the players the Panthers have to watch. Dangerous out of dummy half when the opposition begins to tire.
10. Ned Catic Age: 25 Height: 190cm Weight: 100kg Catic could come back to haunt his former club if he has a big game in the decider. Has come to the Roosters' rescue after a season-ending knee injury to Peter Cusack.
11. Adrian Morley Age: 26 Height: 189cm Weight: 109kg The Great Britain enforcer must now be regarded as one of the best forwards in the world. Aggressive player who stings in defence and loves to mix it with the opposition.
12. Craig Fitzgibbon Age: 26 Height: 190cm Weight: 97kg Fitzgibbon has made a remarkable return from a mid-season knee injury to play an important part in the finals series. Can do it all, but will carry a broken thumb into the game.
13. Luke Ricketson Age: 30 Height: 190cm Weight: 102kg In his 13th year at the club and doesn't look like slowing down. A tireless worker who made his test debut earlier this year.
14. Michael Crocker Age: 23 Height: 187cm Weight: 100kg. Another aggressive type who can play at hooker or in the back row. Made his SOO Queensland debut earlier this year and could start the match if Stuart decides to put Finch on the bench.
15. Andrew Lomu Age: 24 Height: 190cm Weight: 98kg. Will join Cronulla next season and looking to go out with a bang. Can be devastating in attack when he is switched on.
16. Chad Robinson Age: 22 Height: 185cm Weight: 106kg. Another toiler who missed last season's grand final when he was squeezed out of the starting side. Has bounced back this year to play a vital role in the club's march to the decider.
17. Chris Flannery Age: 23 Height: 185cm Weight: 85kg. One of the most versatile players in the game, Flannery has come into his own this season. Regarded as the heir apparent to Brad Fittler's No.6 jersey.
1. Rhys Wesser Age: 24 Height: 174cm Weight: 85kg. Wesser has been devastating this season for the Panthers, scoring 25 tries including several long-range efforts. One of the Panthers' dangermen.
2. Luke Lewis Age: 20 Height: 186cm Weight: 94kg. Regarded as one of the game's emerging stars. Can play centre or wing. A solid defender who is capable under the high ball.
3. Ryan Girdler Age: 31 Height: 183cm Weight: 87kg. Evergreen centre who is on the verge of a recall to the Australian side after an outstanding latter half of the season. Also a deadly accurate goalkicker.
4. Paul Whatuira Age: 22 Height: 183cm Weight: 91kg. Played with the New Zealand Warriors and Melbourne before finding a home at Penrith. Has formed a dangerous combination with Luke Rooney.
5. Luke Rooney Age: 20 Height: 192cm Weight: 98kg. Made his debut two years ago while still at school. Tall and rangy and, like Lewis, exceptional under the high ball.
6. Preston Campbell Age: 26 Height: 165cm Weight: 70kg. A revelation this season after joining the club from Cronulla. A dynamic attacking player in broken play and tough defender.
7. Craig Gower (capt) Age: 25 Height: 174cm Weight: 89kg. `Captain Courageous' has played much of this season with injuries which would stop a mere mortal. Has a great all-round game and one of the Panthers' keys.
8. Joel Clinton Age: 21 Height: 197cm Weight: 114kg. Raw-boned front rower who loves confrontation and can't wait to get his teeth into the Roosters pack. Has a big job ahead of him.
9. Luke Priddis Age: 26 Height: 176cm Weight: 90kg. The only player in the Penrith side with grand final experience after winning a premiership with Brisbane in 2000. Playing as well as ever.
10. Martin Lang Age: 28 Height: 188cm Weight: 110kg. Hard-running prop with State of Origin experience. Only knows one way to run - straight up the middle. Takes everything the opposition throw at him.
12. Tony Puletua Age: 24 Height: 192cm Weight: 112kg. New Zealand international who is playing as well as ever. Like Galuvao, carries a load and torments opposition defences out wide.
13. Scott Sattler Age: 31 Height: 180cm Weight: 95kg. Ageless lock who gets through a mountain of work. Playing his last season with the Panthers before joining Wests and wants to go out with a bang.
14. Ben Ross Age: 23 Height: 195cm Weight: 112kg. Fearless forward who doesn't take a backward step. Has already taken on Gorden Tallis this season and will relish taking on the Roosters' hard men.
15. Trent Waterhouse Age: 22 Height: 193cm Weight: 107kg. Has come from nowhere to play in a grand final. Solid defender and underrated with the ball in his hands.
16. Shane Rodney Age: 20 Height: 181cm Weight: 87kg. Former NSW under 19 back rower who thrives on hard work. Not that big, but packs a punch.
17. Luke Swain Age: 21 Height: 185cm Weight: 98kg. Another workaholic youngster who stands out with his mop of flaming red hair. Won't be overawed by the big occasion.