Our weekly look at all sixteen #NRL 21-man squads ahead of the penultimate round of the 2017 Premier...
2 hours ago
FOLLOWING the completion of a remarkable weekend in Queensland Rugby League, below are the latest scores from around the State, including several grand finals.
Aside from the already well-documented finals in the QLD Wizard Cup, FOGS Cup and FOGS Colts Challenge, the following also occurred:
* The Innisfail Leprechauns winning all three grades of the Cairns District Rugby League in arguably the most inspirational result this season. The Leprechauns were hit hard by Cyclone Larry earlier this year and were forced to play out of town and train without lighting and other facilities. Not to be overlooked, neighbouring Tully won the Under 16s Cowboys Cup, having endured Larry's effects as well.
* Herbert River winning its first title since joining the Townsville and District Rugby League, overcoming heavy favourite Brothers. The Herbert River side was 95% local juniors, with Paul Dezolt and Luke Spina (son of Cowboys inaugural captain Laurie) among the members. Former Brisbane Bronco Willie Morganson helped the Crushers win the reserve grade title as well, going into retirement a winner.
* Ipswich Brothers winning all five senior premierships on the weekend - A Grade, Womens, Reserve Grade, C-Grade and Under 18. Ipswich Rugby League official Greg Jadsby said the grand final crowd was the largest in his memory with "not a spare spot in the ground".
* All up the Brothers confraternity provided 12 teams in major grand finals across Queensland last weekend, with the Brethren also to contest this coming Sunday's Toowoomba Rugby League grand final at Clive Berghofer Stadium against local rival Valleys.
* Kaiwalagal Rugby League in the Torres Strait will also hold its grand final this coming weekend (Saturday), set to coincide with the region's annual cultural festival.
XXXX STATEWIDE SCORE WRAP
QLD WIZARD CUP
Grand Final: Redcliffe 27 (Rory Bromley 2, Marty Turner, Mark Shipway, Ryan Cullen tries; Greg Bourke 3 goals; Michael Roberts field goal) d Toowoomba 6 (Ben Vaeau try; Nick Parfitt goal).
Final Standings: Toowoomba 32, North Queensland 30, Redcliffe 28, Tweed Heads 22, Easts 22, Burleigh 21, Norths 17, Central 15, Wynnum Manly 13, Souths Logan 12, Ipswich 8.
Grand Final: Ipswich Brothers 34 (Karyn Murphy 2, Tracey Thompson 2, Leteysnki Randall, Amy Turner, Tahnee Norris tries; Tracey Thompson 2, Janette Luker goals) d Wests Centenary 4 (Doreen Hohepa try).
Final Standings: Ipswich Brothers 31, Wests Centenary 24, Wests Mitchelton 16, Caboolture 5
ARRIVE ALIVE CUP
National Final: Keebra Park SHS v TBC, Sydney, Friday September 22.
>>> SOUTH EAST DIVISION
Grand Final: Burleigh 28 (Mark Commens 3, Ryan Wilson, Nash Core tries; Phil Ramage 4 goals) d Tweed Heads 6 (Paul Rolls try; Paul Rolls goal).
Final Standings: Tweed Heads 35, Easts 26, Burleigh 25, Wynnum Manly 25, Souths Logan 24, Sunshine Coast 22, Redcliffe 17, Norths 16, Ipswich 12, Aspley 10, Western Districts 8.
FOGS COLTS CHALLENGE
Grand Final: Norths 28 (Luke Capewell 3, Jason Poppi, Israel Folau tries; Luke Samoa 4 goals) d Wynnum Manly 22 (Chris McQueen 2, Luke Menhinnitt, Ben Cronin tries; Luke Menhinnitt 3 goals).
Final Standings: Norths 32, Redcliffe 30, Easts 28, Aspley 24, Wynnum Manly 22, Tweed Heads 22, Souths Logan 19, Burleigh 17, Western Districts 11, Ipswich 10, Sunshine Coast 5.
QLD GROUP CUP (Ipswich)
Grand Final: Brothers 32 (Fili Notoa 2, Ross Sauer, Tim Sauer, Brett Alofipo, Michael Andrews tries; Michael O?Connor 4 goals) d Norths 18 (Paul Smith, Greg Brooks, John Williams tries; Chris Johnson 3 goals)
Reserves: Brothers 18 d West End 16.
C Grade: Brothers 10 d Rosewood 8.
Under 18: Brothers 32 d Fassifern 0.
Final Standings: Brothers 34, South Burnett 30, Goodna 22, Norths 22, Springfield 19, Fassifern 17, Redbank Plains 14, West End 10, Swifts 9, Laidley 3.
BENDIGO BANK PREMIERSHIP (Cairns)
Grand Final: Innisfail 30 (Palmer Wapau 2, Jordan Jujnovich, Hayden McElroy, Robbie Swain tries; Palmer Wapau 5 goals) d Brothers 12 (Steve Ware, Eric Smith tries; Brad Arthur 2 goals).
Reserves: Innisfail 24 d Ivanhoes 20.
Under 18: Innisfail 24 d Atherton 22.
Under 16: Tully 30 d Malanda 14 (Cowboys Cup)
Final Standings: Brothers 39, Innisfail 37, Kangaroos 35, Ivanhoes 27, Mareeba 26, Atherton 26, Tully 24, Mossman Port Douglas 18, Yarrabah 14, Suburbs 14, Edmonton 4.
TOWNSVILLE DISTRICTS RL
Grand Final: Herbert River 26 (Daniel Walker 2, Scott Smith, Jeff Skinner, Michael Young tries; Jeff Skinner 4 goals) d Brothers 24 (Gene Murray, Dennis Conlon, Roy Baira, Aaron Sturgess tries; Matt Groves 3, Chey Bird goals).
Reserves: Herbert River 28 d Brothers 24.
Under 19: Brothers 36 d Charters Towers 10.
Final Standings: Brothers 76, Herbert River 60, Sharks United 60, Burdekin 54, Centrals 38, Charters Towers 36, University 12. * Wins worth 4pts in TDRL
GULF COMMUNITY LEAGUE
Carnival 4 (Kowanyama): Kowanyama 26 d Pormpuraaw 20 in final.
Standings: Kowanyama 43, Burketown 37, Pormpuraaw 37, Doomadgee 12, Mornington Island 9.
Carnival 5 (Including Grand Final): Burketown, September 30-October 1.
KAIWALAGAL RL (Torres Strait)
Preliminary Final: Dragons 36 d Knights 12.
Final Standings: Dragons 1st, Roosters 2nd, Knights 3rd, Suburbs 4th, Horn Island Brothers 5th.
Grand Final: Roosters v Dragons, Ken Brown Oval, Saturday September 23, 3pm. (Torres Strait cultural festival all weekend).
>>SOUTH WEST DIVISION
WAGNER?S FIRST GRADE (Toowoomba)
Preliminary Final: Valleys 56 d Goondiwindi 8.
Final Standings: Valleys 40, Brothers 36, Goondiwindi 32, Dalby 28, Wattles 27, Oakey 26, Gatton 24, Pittsworth 19, Souths 14, Warwick 14, Newtown 4.
Grand Final: Brothers v Valleys, Clive Berghofer Stadium, Sunday September 24, 2.30pm. (Reserves ? Valleys v Oakey, 12.30pm. Under 18 ? Souths v Brothers, 10.45am).