Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles preview
3 hours ago | Tim Costello
It's Teamlist Tuesday for Round 16 of the 2018 NRL Season! Around 4pm AEST every Tuesday, the full teams and officials for each NRL round will be posted right here, with updates and late mail all weekend.
All times are listed in AEST (NSW/QLD/VIC/ACT) unless otherwise noted.
Twitter: Follow @LeagueUnlimited
1. Matthew Dufty 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Euan Aitken 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Kurt Mann 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Ben Hunt 8. James Graham 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Jacob Host 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jack de Belin 14. Jeremy Latimore 15. Jason Nightingale 17. Luciano Leilua 18. Blake Lawrie
Tuesday: Frizell will miss this week after a concussion sustained in Origin II, but de Belin will play. Jacob Host joins the starting pack for Frizell, with Leilua joining the bench.
24H omissions: Darren Nicholls, Patrick Herbert, Reece Robson & Reuben Garrick.
LATE MAIL: Ah Mau is rested after a delayed return from Denver. Blake Lawrie takes his place on the bench. Jai Field & Hame Sele drop out.
1. Clint Gutherson 2. Bevan French 3. Michael Jennings 4. Jarryd Hayne 5. George Jennings 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Corey Norman 8. Daniel Alvaro 9. Cameron King 10. Siosaia Vave 11. Marata Niukore 12. Brad Takairangi 13. Nathan Brown 14. Will Smith 15. Tim Mannah 16. David Gower 17. Peni Terepo
Tuesday: Moses returns in the halves which sees Gutherson shift back to fullback. French moves to the wing and Hoffman is out. Vave is named to start front row with Mannah benched, and Niukore starts second row for the injured Manu Ma'u. Reed Mahoney was suspended last round with Will Smith joining the bench.
24H omissions: Suaia Matagi
LATE MAIL: 1-17.
Match Officials | Referees: Ben Cummins, Peter Gough;Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Nick Morel;Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea;
1. Roger Tuivasa-sheck 3. Anthony Gelling 23. Peta Hiku 4. Solomone Kata 5. Gerard Beale 6. Blake Green 7. Shaun Johnson 8. James Gavet 24. Issac Luke 10. Agnatius Paasi 11. Isaiah Papalii 12. Tohu Harris 13. Simon Mannering 9. Karl Lawton 15. Chris Satae 16. Bunty Afoa 17. Jazz Tevaga
Tuesday: A 23-man squad named after a handful of Warriors players return from the Kiwis' Denver test match at the weekend. Luke, Hiku and Maumalo are all on the extended bench. Fusitu'a returns to the side after missing Round 15, and Beale retains his place in the backline with Maumalo and Hiku left off the starting list, as well as a promotion to the centres for Anthony Gelling. Karl Lawton will fill in at hooker for Luke. Four players will be cut on Thursday evening.
24H omissions: Ken Maumalo, Albert Vete & Blake Ayshford
LATE MAIL: Luke and Hiku will come off the reserves list and into the starting side. David Fusitu'a is out, with Hiku coming into the backline for him, while Lawton moves to the bench to allow Luke to start at hooker. Sam Cook drops off the interchange.
1. Valentine Holmes 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Edrick Lee 6. Matt Moylan 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Matt Prior 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Scott Sorensen 13. Paul Gallen 14. Joseph Paulo 15. James Segeyaro 16. Aaron Woods 17. Jayson Bukuya
Tuesday: Woods comes straight in on the bench for the injured Jack Williams. Luke Lewis and Wade Graham are both out injured as well with Capewell and Sorensen named in the starting back row. Like the Warriors, Cronulla have named an extra pair of reserves on top of the usual four.
24H omissions: Kyle Flanagan, Kurt Dillon, Sosaia Feki & Braden Uele.
LATE MAIL: 1-17.
Match Officials | Referees: Adam Gee, Chris Butler;Sideline Officials: Tim Roby, Chris McMillan;Video Referees: Henry Perenara, Bryan Norrie;
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 17. Matt Ikuvalu 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Sio Siua Taukeiaho 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Victor Radley 12. Nat Butcher 13. Isaac Liu 14. Lindsay Collins 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Kurt Baptiste 18. Sitili Tupouniua
Tuesday: Cordner (concussion) won't play on Friday night in the City of Churches, with Nat Butcher coming into the back row as his replacement. Joey Manu's suspension means Mitch Aubusson moves to the centres and Waerea-Hargreaves looks unlikely to play after a late return from Denver. Taukieaho will play prop in his place, while Collins and Ikavalu join the interchange and the Roosters have also named an extra two reserves.
24H omissions: Mitch Cornish, Billy Smith & Jared Waerea-Hargraves.
LATE MAIL: Mitch Aubusson is still nursing a hamstring complaint so he comes out of the side with Ikuvalu to start in the backs. Sitili Tupouniua will debut from the interchange.
1. Billy Slater 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Curtis Scott 5. Josh Addo-carr 6. Cameron Munster 17. Jahrome Hughes 8. Tim Glasby 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 16. Joe Stimson 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Kenneath Bromwich 14. Brandon Smith 15. Christian Welch 19. Tui Kamikamica 20. Patrick Kaufusi
Tuesday: Slater returns after missing the last several weeks and pulling up fit out of Origin II. Jahrome Hughes drops to the bench and Sam Kasiano (injured) is out. Hoffman returns to the starting side with Stimson benched. Croft and Olam are the extra extras.
24H omissions: Felise Kaufusi is out, with Stimson to start in the back row. Brodie Croft & Justin Olam drop out.
LATE MAIL: Ryley Jacks is left out of the side with Jahrome Hughes promoted to starting half. The bench replacements for Stimson & Hughes are Tui Kamikamica & club debutant Pat Kaufusi.
Match Officials | Referees: Grant Atkins, Gavin Badger;Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Nick Beashel;Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea;
1. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2. Christian Crichton 3. Tyrone Peachey 4. Dean Whare 5. Tyrone Phillips 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Trent Merrin 9. Sione Katoa 10. James Tamou 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Isaah Yeo 13. James Fisher-Harris 14. Wayde Egan 15. Kaide Ellis 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Moses Leota 18. Jarome Luai 20. Tyrone May 21. Nick Lui-toso
Tuesday: All Origin and test players from rep round have passed fit. Tamou has been named to replace the injured Reagan Campbell-Gillard in the front row, while Leota to join the bench. Kikau is also back after missing last round, replacing Corey Harawira-Naera.
24H omissions: Liam Martin, Paea Pua & Caleb Aekins.
LATE MAIL: 1-17.
1. Tom Trbojevic 15. Matthew Wright 3. Moses Suli 4. Brian Kelly 5. Brad Parker 6. Dylan Walker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-blake 9. Manase Fainu 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 16. Shaun Lane 13. Jake Trbojevic 12. Frank Winterstein 14. Trent Hodkinson 17. Taniela Paseka 21. Kelepi Tanginoa
Tuesday: Dylan Walker returns which pushes Hodkinson to the bench. The season-ending ankle injury for Akuila Uate sees Parker start on the wing while Matt Wright remaining in the squad in case the NRL fails to approve Manase Fainu's clearance to be promoted to the club's top 30 roster.
24H omissions: Jorge Taufua comes out of the side, with Matt Wright promoted to the wing, Kelepi Tanginoa joins the interchange. Frank Winterstein is benched with Shaun Lane starting in the back row. Lloyd Perrett is the other omission.
LATE MAIL: No further changes to the ones made Friday evening.
Match Officials | Referees: Gerard Sutton, Matt Noyen;Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Rohan Best;Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie;
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Ken Sio 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Cory Denniss 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Connor Watson 7. Jack Cogger 8. Herman Ese'ese 9. Slade Griffin 10. Josh King 11. Sam Stone 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Aidan Guerra 14. Danny Levi 15. Chris Heighington 17. Jacob Lillyman 18. Jamie Buhrer
Tuesday: Lachlan Fitzgibbon's suspension means Sam Stone starts in the back row while Jacob Lillyman returns from injury on the interchange. Nick Meaney is an additional fifth reserve.
24H omissions: Pasami Saulo & Nick Meaney
LATE MAIL: Luke Yates drops off the interchange with Jamie Buhrer to return from injury.
1. William Hopoate 2. Brett Morris 3. Kerrod Holland 4. Marcelo Montoya 5. Reimis Smith 6. Lachlan Lewis 7. Jeremy Marshall-King 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. David Klemmer 11. Josh Jackson 12. Rhyse Martin 13. Adam Elliot 14. Fa'amanu Brown 15. Danny Fualalo 16. Ofahiki Ogden 17. Greg Eastwood
Tuesday: The losses of Mbye and Woods see a few changes across the teamlist here. Hopoate moves to Mbye's fullback spot, Kerrod Holland replacing Hoppa at centre, while Olive is dropped to the reserves in favour of Reimis Smith while Montoya moves to the centres as well. Frawley is out of the 17 (listed as a reserve) with Lachlan Lewis to play five-eighth on debut and Jeremy Marshall-King at half. Michael Lichaa remains at hooker, while Rhyse Martin starts in the back row for the injured Raymond Faitala-Mariner. Woods' omission allows Klemmer to come back into the starting pack with Ofahiki Ogden and Fa'amanu Brown new on the interchange, and Fualalo also named there.
24H omission: Clay Priest.
LATE MAIL: 1-17.
Match Officials | Referees: Henry Perenara, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski;Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Liam Nicholls;Video Referees: Luke Patten, Ben Cummins;
1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. James Roberts 4. Jordan Kahu 5. Jamayne Isaako 6. Anthony Milford 7. Kodi Nikorima 8. Matthew Lodge 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Sam Thaiday 17. Alex Glenn 12. Jaydn Su'a 13. Josh Mcguire 14. Patrick Mago 16. Tom Opacic 18. Korbin Sims 21. David Fifita
Tuesday: Tom Opacic replaces Sam Tagataese on the interchange.
24H omissions: Tevita Pangai Jr is out, with Alex Glenn coming into the pack as his replacement and Korbin Sims joins the bench. Troy Dargan and Gehamat Shibasaki drop out.
LATE MAIL: Joe Ofahengaue drops off the bench with David Fifita to debut.
21. Brad Abbey 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Michael Oldfield 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 16. Dunamis Lui 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Joseph Tapine 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Josh Papalii 8. Iosia Soliola 14. Siliva Havili 15. Junior Paulo 17. Liam Knight
Tuesday: Hodgson starts at 9 with Havili benched, while Soliola returns to the starting side and Lui gets benched. Junior Paulo is included on the interchange in his injury return, replacing the injured Luke Bateman.
24H omissions: Jack Wighton has been stood down after his guilty plea in court this week relating to charges from a nightclub incident in February. Brad Abbey will debut for the club at fullback, while Charlie Gubb is the other player omitted.
LATE MAIL: Soliola reverts to the bench with Lui to start up front.
Match Officials | Referees: Chris Sutton, Alan Shortall;Sideline Officials: Clayton Sharpe, Liam Kennedy;Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea;
1. Moses Mbye 2. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Corey Thompson 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Luke Brooks 8. Russell Packer 9. Robbie Farah 14. Alex Twal 11. Chris Lawrence 21. Chris McQueen 13. Elijah Taylor 12. Josh Aloiai 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Michael Chee Kam 17. Matt Eisenhuth
Tuesday: Mbye and Farah come straight in at #1 and #9 respectively. Naiqama comes in for the injured Mahe Fonua, named at centre with Thompson on the wing. Reynolds returns in the halves for Gamble after missing Round 15, while McIlwrick is out of the side completely. Aloiai replaces Rochow in the second row.
24H omissions: Ben Matulino and Tim Grant. With Matulino out, Alex Twal has been promoted to the starting front row with McQueen onto the interchange.
LATE MAIL: Josh Aloiai is benched with McQueen to start in the second row.
1. Michael Gordon 2. Anthony Don 3. Dale Copley 4. Brenko Lee 5. Phillip Sami 6. Aj Brimson 7. Ashley Taylor 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Nathan Peats 10. Ryan James 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Jai Arrow 14. Mitch Rein 15. Will Matthews 16. Moeaki Fotuaika 17. Jack Stockwell
Tuesday: Wallace returns from his Round 14 suspension, Stockwell dropping to the bench and Boyle reserves.
24H omissions: Kane Elgey & Bryce Cartwright.
LATE MAIL: 1-17.
Referees: Jon Stone, Gavin Reynolds;Sideline Officials: Rickey McFarlane, Belinda Sleeman;
1. Alex Johnston 2. Campbell Graham 3. Greg Inglis 4. Dane Gagai 5. Robert Jennings 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Damien Cook 10. George Burgess 11. John Sutton 12. Angus Crichton 13. Sam Burgess 14. Adam Doueihi 15. Cameron Murray 16. Jason Clark 17. Tevita Tatola
Tuesday: Hunt drops to the reserves with Campbell Graham returning on the wing.
24H omissions: Mark Nicholls & Tyrell Fuimaono
LATE MAIL: 1-17.
1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Enari Tuala 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Johnathan Thurston 16. Corey Jensen 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo 14. Ben Hampton 15. Shaun Fensom 17. Francis Molo 21. Shane Wright
Tuesday: Coote comes in at fullback for the season-ending injury to Michael Morgan. Winterstein returns on the wing with Bowen demoted to the reserves list. Matt Scott is back in place of Hoare in the pack.
24H omissions: Matt Scott & Gideon Gela-Mosby. Corey Jensen moves to the forward pack with Shane Wright joining the bench.
LATE MAIL: No further changes.
Match Officials | Referees: Matt Cecchin, Ashley Klein;Sideline Officials: Peter Gough, Michael Wise;Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Luke Patten;