SQUADS: Betfred Super League - 2020 Round 17
11 hours ago | LeagueUnlimited Media
The last regular season round is upon us. The top eight teams are decided but positions 3-8 are still up for grabs - as is the wooden spoon at the bottom of the table. At 4pm Tuesday check here for all the 21-man squads for Round 20 of the NRL, along with match official appointments, then check back 24 hours and 1 hour before kickoff for updated team news!
On Wednesday, head here for the weekend's match program - The Front Row - available free online each round!
All times are listed in AEST (NSW/QLD/VIC/ACT) unless otherwise noted.
Twitter: Follow @LeagueUnlimited
Referees: Grant Atkins;Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Peter Gough;Video Referees: Steve Chiddy;
Live on Nine Network & Fox League
Fox League commentary: Warren Smith, Steve Roach (sideline: Kevin Walters & Corey Parker)
1. Darius Boyd 2. Xavier Coates 3. Jesse Arthars 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Richard Kennar 6. Kotoni Staggs 7. Tom Dearden 8. Joe Ofahengaue 9. Issac Luke 10. Payne Haas 11. Jordan Riki 12. Alex Glenn 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Ben Te'o 16. Corey Oates 17. Jamil Hopoate
21-man squad - Kotoni Staggs moves to the halves for Tyson Gamble (concussion). Haas returns in the forwards with Te'o benched and Bullemor out of the 17. Coates starts wing with Oates benched, while Riki comes onto the bench with David Fifita out.
24 hour warning - Ethan Bullemor and Sean O'Sullivan cut.
Late mail - 1-17. Rhys Kennedy and Brodie Croft drop out.
1. Valentine Holmes 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Murray Taulagi 21. Justin O'Neill 5. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Jake Clifford 8. Josh Mcguire 9. Reuben Cotter 10. Jordan McLean 15. Tom Gilbert 12. Mitchell Dunn 13. Jason Taumalolo 11. Gavin Cooper 14. John Asiata 16. Corey Jensen 17. Francis Molo
21-man squad - Jensen and Molo drop to the bench with McGuire back at prop and Taumalolo promoted to lock after starting from the bench last week. Emry Pere and Ben Condon drop to the reserves.
24 hour warning - Daejarn Asi is out. Justin O'Neill comes in at centre, last week's debutant in Condon drops out.
Late mail - Gilbert starts, Cooper bench. Pere and Jake Granville drop out.
This is one of two 'dead-rubbers' with no bearing on the top eight finishing positions. It will, however, go a long way to determining who finishes 2020 with the dreaded wooden spoon. Brisbane must win to avoid it - but could still end up with it if Canterbury upset Penrith. The Cowboys are almost certain to finish 14th.
Referees: Chris Sutton;Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Drew Oultram;Video Referees: Jared Maxwell;
Live on Fox League
Fox League commentary: Dan Ginnane, Kevin Walters & Corey Parker (sideline: Justin Hodges)
1. Alexander Brimson 2. Anthony Don 3. Brian Kelly 4. Young Tonumaipea 5. Treymain Spry 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Moeaki Fotuaika 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Sam Stone 13. Tyrone Peachey 14. Tanah Boyd 15. Sam Lisone 16. Jai Arrow 17. Jai Whitbread
21-man squad - Brian Kelly is back - Treymain Spry moves to the wing with Corey Thompson shifting to reserves.
24 hour warning - Thompson and Nathan Peats drop out.
Late mail - 1-17. Darius Farmer and Phillip Sami cut.
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Mason Lino 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Kurt Mann 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett 14. Chris Randall 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Herman Ese'ese 17. Brodie Jones
21-man squad - Starford To'a and Gehamat Shibasaki drop to the reserves with Best and Lee back in the backs. Kurt Mann's back so Chris Randall drops to the bench and Phoenix Crossland is omitted completely. Mata'utia starts for the injured Lachlan Fitzgibbon in the back row with Brodie Jones joining the bench.
24 hour warning - To'a and Jirah Momoisea are cut.
Late mail - 1-17. Josh King and Shibasaki drop out.
The Titans' season is over, but they can secure 9th spot by up-ending Newcastle on Friday. Given they were at risk of finishing with the spoon only a month or so back - a remarkable effort. The stakes are much higher for Newcastle, who will secure sixth by winning - and a home final against South Sydney. A loss would see them awaiting the result of the Rabbitohs' match later in the night as to whether they host Souths or head to ANZ instead.
Referees: Gerard Sutton;Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Dave Munro;Video Referees: Ashley Klein;
Live on Nine Network & Fox League
Fox League commentary: Andrew Voss, Cooper Cronk & Michael Ennis (sideline: Lara Pitt)
1. Corey Allan 2. Alex Johnston 3. Campbell Graham 4. Dane Gagai 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Liam Knight 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 18. Tevita Tatola 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Cameron Murray 11. Jed Cartwright 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Hame Sele 17. Keaon Koloamatangi
21-man squad - Dane Gagai returns at centre. Steven Marsters is out of the squad along with Jaydn Su'A (suspended). Jed Cartwright starts in the back row with Mago joining the bench.
24 hour warning - Tevita Tatola is promoted to the bench with Mago dropping back to the reserves. The omitted players are Jack Johns and Cory Denniss.
Late mail - Tatola starts second row, with Cartwright benched. Mago and Troy Dargan are cut.
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Mitchell Aubusson 18. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Angus Crichton 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Nat Butcher 17. Sonny Bill Williams
21-man squad - Tedesco, Cordner, Friend and Taukeiaho all return, with Hutchison, Liu, Manu and Collins all missing from last week's side. Lussick drops to the reserves, Crichton moves to lock and Lam comes in on the bench.
24 hour warning - Brett Morris is out. Matt Ikuvalu joins the side on the wing. Freddy Lussick is the cut reserve.
Late mail - No more changes. Daniel Fifita and Ryan Hall drop out.
This is a big one. As per the Knights' synopsis above, Souths' fate rests with the Knights' result earlier in the evening. If Newcastle lose, Souths can secure a home final at ANZ by leaping the Knights into sixth. The Roosters will lock in 3rd place and a trip to Brisbane to face the Storm if they are victorious, or if they lose and the Eels fail to overcome the Tigers. If they lose and the Eels win, then they're off to Penrith week one instead.
Referees: Henry Perenara;Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Gavin Badger;Video Referees: Steve Chiddy;
Live on Fox League
Fox League commentary: Dan Ginnane & Ben Ikin (sideline: Hannah Hollis)
1. Will Hopoate 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Reimis Smith 23. Kerrod Holland 5. Jayden Okunbor 20. Jack Cogger 14. Brandon Wakeham 17. Sauaso Sue 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Luke Thompson 11. Chris Smith 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Josh Jackson 15. Renouf To'omaga 16. Sione Katoa 19. Dean Britt 21. Tuipulotu Katoa
21-man squad - for perhaps the only time this season, the Bulldogs are unchanged.
24 hour warning - Big changes with Tim Lafai suspended and Lachlan Lewis missing due to concussion. Jake Averillo is also out of the side. An NRL exemption allows James Roumanos to join the reserves. The resultant changes see Kerrod Holland replace Lafai at centre, with Jack Cogger and Brandon Wakeham the new halves and Tui Katoa named to debut on the interchange.
Late mail - no more changes, so Dean Britt and Roumanos both drop out.
Super late mail - Aiden Tolman has gone down in the warm-up. Sue starts, Britt joins the bench.
1. Daine Laurie 2. Josh Mansour 3. Tyrone May 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Matt Burton 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Moses Leota 17. Zane Tetevano
21-man squad - Dylan Edwards, Viliame Kikau and Stephen Crichton are all rested. Laurie comes in at fullback, May promoted to centre and Kurt Capewell second row. Tamou returns at prop, so too Koroisau at hooker. Leota is benched, Kenny reserves and Burton & Tetevano join the bench. Jack Hetherington slips back to the reserves.
24 hour warning - Reserves Jack Hetherington and Billy Burns cut.
Late mail - 1-17. Dean Whare and Mitch Kenny make way.
The Bulldogs will know what they need to do before they kick off on Saturday - should Brisbane lose on Thursday they can rest in the knowledge they've avoided last place. Penrith confirmed their status as minor premiers with their win over the Cowboys last Friday and will be presented with the J J Giltinan Shield on Saturday after the match. They will host whoever finishes fourth out of the Eels, Roosters and Raiders at home in Week One.
Update: With Brisbane having lost on Thursday evening, Canterbury are safe in 15th place unless they concede a world-record rugby league loss of 178 points.
Referees: Ashley Klein;Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Phil Henderson;Video Referees: Jared Maxwell;
Live on Fox League
Fox League commentary: Warren Smith & Steve Roach (sideline: Matt Russell)
1. Will Kennedy 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Mawene Hiroti 20. Bryson Goodwin 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Wade Graham 7. Connor Tracey 8. Braden Hamlin-Uele 19. Braydon Trindall 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 17. Teig Wilton 14. Scott Sorensen 15. Jack Williams 16. Andrew Fifita 18. Billy Magoulias 21. Daniel Vasquez
21-man squad - Wade Graham returns and will line up in the halves with Shaun Johnson to miss the rest of the season. Josh Dugan, Sione Katoa and Royce Hunt are all out ass well, with Macdonald coming in on the wing, Hiroti centre and Wilton on the bench.
24 hour warning - Sisoifa Talakai and Toby Rudolf drop out of the side with Wilton (second row) and Sorensen (lock) promoted to start. For now Magoulias and Trindall fill the bench vacancies, but we already know from the club Daniel Vasquez is set to debut in the match tomorrow.
Late mail - Two more changes - Jesse Ramien and Blayke Brailey drop out. Goodwin (centre) and Trindall (hooker) come into the side with Vasquez joining the bench as expected.
1. Adam Cook 2. Semi Valemi 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Harley Smith-Shields 5. Nick Cotric 6. Matt Frawley 7. Sam Williams 8. Dunamis Lui 9. Tom Starling 10. Iosia Soliola 11. Hudson Young 12. Corey Harawira-Naera 13. Siliva Havili 14. Kai O'Donnell 15. Ryan Sutton 16. Darby Medlyn 17. Jarrett Subloo
21-man squad - Lots here. CNK, Williams, Croker, Bateman, Rapana and Papali'i are all out of the side. Debutants Adam Cook, Darby Medlyn and Jarrett Subloo are all into the side with plenty of movement right around the side.
24 hour warning - Wighton and Whitehead drop out.
Late mail - 1-17. Ata Mariota and Joe Tapine drop out.
Cronulla will finish eighth unless they win big and Souths lose big - and those two margins combine to overcome 107 points. Assuming that's a near impossibility, that will send Cronulla to either Bankwest to face the Eels, or down the Hume to play the Raiders for a second straight weekend. Should Canberra win and the Eels lose to the Tigers, they'll secure fourth spot and face Penrith in Week One.
Referees: Ben Cummins;Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Belinda Sharpe;Video Referees: Steve Chiddy;
Live on Fox League
Fox League commentary: Andrew Voss & Braith Anasta (sideline: Megan Barnard)
1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tommy Talau 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Asu Kepaoa 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Harry Grant 10. Thomas Mikaele 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal 14. Matt Eisenhuth 15. Elijah Taylor 16. Shawn Blore 17. Michael Chee-Kam
21-man squad - Luke Brooks returns to partner Benji in his farewell game, pushing Josh Reynolds to the reserves. Talau replaces Joey Leilua in the centres with the firebrand in the reserves. Twal returns at lock, Eisenhuth drops to the bench and Mikaele replaces Aloiai in the front row. Garner replaces McIntyre in the second row. Blore and Chee Kam replace Packer and Liddle on the bench.
24 hour warning - Joey Leilua and Josh Reynolds drop out.
Late mail - 1-17. Alex Seyfarth and Jacob Liddle cut.
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 19. Brad Takairangi 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 14. Will Smith 7. Mitchell Moses 16. Kane Evans 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 15. Andrew Davey 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown 11. Shaun Lane 17. Oregon Kaufusi 20. George Jennings 21. Daniel Alvaro
21-man squad - Paulo and Lane start with Evans and Davey benched.
24 hour warning - Jai Field and Reagan Campbell-Gillard are out. Takairangi comes into the halves with Alvaro prop.
Late mail - Michael Jennings is out as well, so Takairangi moves to centre, Will Smith to start five-eighth instead. Shaun Lane and Alvaro drop to the bench, with Kane Evans (prop) and Andrew Davey (second row) starting. George Jennings fills the bench vacancy, and Haze Dunster is the omitted reserve.
The Tigers are out of the race and the best they can hope for is 9th. Parramatta meanwhile need a win to confirm their top four status - but whether that's 3rd or 4th hinges on the Roosters' result 24 hours earlier. If they lose and Canberra get up, then they slip to fifth and host the Sharks in Week One.
Referees: Adam Gee;Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton, Drew Oultram;Video Referees: Ashley Klein;
Live on Fox League
Fox League commentary: Matt Russell & Steve Roach (sideline: Adam Peacock
1. Peta Hiku 2. Adam Pompey 3. Adam Keighran 4. Hayze Perham 5. Patrick Herbert 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Chanel Harris-Tavita 8. Lachlan Burr 9. Karl Lawton 10. Isaiah Papali'i 11. Eliesa Katoa 12. Tohu Harris 13. Jazz Tevaga 14. Wayde Egan 15. Adam Blair 16. Jack Murchie 17. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
21-man squad - Hiku replaces RTS at fullback, Herbert (wing) is also back with Perham moving to centre. Katoa returns in the back row with Murchie benched. Taunoa-Brown is back via the bench. Ale and Curran drop to reserves.
24 hour warning - Tom Ale and Gerard Beale cut.
Late mail - 1-17 with a small change of Harris moving to prop and Papali'i to second row. Paul Turner and Josh Curran drop out.
1. Tevita Funa 2. Abbas Miski 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Lachlan Croker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Danny Levi 10. Martin Taupau 11. Corey Waddell 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Albert Hopoate 15. Morgan Boyle 16. Sean Keppie 17. Haumole Olakau'atu
21-man squad - Tom Trbojevic is back out with injury so Funa returns to fullback. Garrick's back on the wing, Miski on the other with Hopoate benched. Paseka starts prop, Boyle benched, Waddell second row and Gosiewski out. Olakau'atu joins the bench.
24 hour warning - Luke Metcalf and Sione Fainu drop out.
Late mail - 1-17. Ben Trbojevic and Toafofoa Sipley cut.
The other dead rubber. The result here is next to meaningless and will only decide positions in the 9th-13th bracket.
Referees: Matt Cecchin;Sideline Officials: Peter Gough, Liam Kennedy;Video Referees: Henry Perenara;
Live on Nine Network & Fox League
Fox League commentary: Andrew Voss & Greg Alexander (sideline: Lara Pitt)
1. Matthew Dufty 2. Max Feagai 3. Euan Aitken 4. Zac Lomax 5. Cody Ramsey 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Adam Clune 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Cameron McInnes 15. Kaide Ellis 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Jacob Host 13. Jackson Ford 14. Tariq Sims 16. Josh Kerr 17. Eddie Blacker 21. Tyrell Fuimaono
21-man squad - Sullivan will debut in the halves with Clune who returns, with Ben Hunt suspended and Corey Norman omitted. Feagai starts wing over Pereira, while Blacker will debut from the bench. Aitken is back so Wiliame drops to the reserves.
24 hour warning - Paul Vaughan is out, so Kaide Ellis moves to prop and Fuimaono joins the bench. Jordan Pereira cut from reserves.
Late mail - No more changes. Corey Norman and Brayden Wiliame drop out.
1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Sandor Earl 3. Ricky Leutele 4. Paul Momirovski 5. Isaac Lumelume 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Cooper Johns 8. Tui Kamikamica 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Tom Eisenhuth 12. Chris Lewis 18. Aaron Booth 13. Max King 14. Nicholas Hynes 15. Darryn Schonig 17. Aaron Pene
21-man squad - *draws deep breath*
Ok, twelve players from last week's side are out: Brenko Lee, Cameron Smith, Cameron Munster, Felise Kaufusi, Jahrome Hughes, Jesse Bromwich, Josh Addo-Carr, Justin Olam, Kenny Bromwich, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Suliasi Vunivalu and Tino Faasuamaleaui. As a result there are a bunch of rookies and potential debutants in the 21 man squad.
24 hour warning - Trent Loreio and Judda Turahai cut.
Late mail - Aaron Booth comes in to start at lock, so Max King drops to the bench and Albie Vete is left out of the side. Dean Ieremia is the omitted reserve.
Melbourne are already confirmed in 2nd place and will know by the time this game is underway who their Week One opponents are for the Qualifying Final at Suncorp. The Dragons are 13th and could only rise as high as 10th pending prior results.