The Late Mail: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles
3 hours ago | LeagueUnlimited Media
All the squad lists and match official appointments for the weekend ahead, available at 4pm Tuesday. Bookmark this article and come back for squad updates and late mail across the round.
What to expect each week:
All times are listed in AEST (NSW/QLD/VIC/ACT) unless otherwise noted.
Twitter: Follow @LeagueUnlimited
1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Isaac Lumelume 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane 14. Harry Grant 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Nicholas Hynes 19. Tom Eisenhuth
Changes from Round 25 - The cavalry returns. Munster, Welch, Kaufusi, Jennings, both Bromwich boys, Reimis Smith all return - no Addo-Carr though.
Squad Update - Aaron Pene (18) and Chris Lewis (20) come out of the squad.
Late mail - Bellamy's men are 1-17. Eisenhuth is 18th man with Marion Seve (21) cut.
1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jason Saab 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Josh Aloiai 15. Karl Lawton 10. Martin Taupau 11. Haumole Olakau'atu 12. Josh Schuster 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Dylan Walker 16. Sean Keppie 17. Taniela Paseka 20. Curtis Sironen 19. Moses Suli
Changes from Round 25 - Josh Aloiai returns at prop, with his replacement last weekend, Toff Sipley, dropping to reserves. Previously suspended Tevita Funa is only listed in the reserves.
Squad update - hooker Lachlan Croker (9) is out. Lawton moves to dummy-half with Sironen joining the bench. Tevita Funa (21) is omitted.
Late mail - Moses Suli is 18th man. Sipley (18) is the man left out.
Referees: Grant Atkins;Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Peter Gough;Video Referees: Ashley Klein;
RESULT: Storm 40 Sea Eagles 12
FINALS PROGRESSION: Melbourne have progressed to the Week 3 Preliminary Finals at Suncorp Stadium, while Manly will face the Sydney Roosters in a Week 2 Semi Final in Mackay.
1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Adam Keighran 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Lachlan Lam 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 15. Isaac Liu 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 14. Sam Walker 16. Egan Butcher 17. Fletcher Baker 18. Dale Copley
Changes from Round 25 - JWH returns at prop, with Radley back from suspension at lock, and Fletcher Baker the same on the bench. Liu and Egan are benched to make way for JWH and Radley, while Ben Marschke, Tuku Hau Tapuha and Naufahu Whyte all drop out of the 17. Lam retains the halfback role with Walker in jumper 14.
Squad update - Ben Marschke (20) and Naufahu Whyte (21) cut.
Late mail - A late switch means Liu starts at prop with Taukeiaho benched. Copley is 18th man. Ben Thomas (19) is the man left out.
1. Jayden Campbell 2. Phillip Sami 3. Brian Kelly 4. Patrick Herbert 5. Corey Thompson 6. Tyrone Peachey 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Moeaki Fotuaika 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Beau Fermor 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 14. Erin Clark 15. Sam Lisone 16. David Fifita 17. Jaimin Jolliffe 18. Sam McIntyre
Changes from Round 25 - Proctor is named again this week after withdrawing last week. McIntyre drops out of the 17.
Squad update - Greg Marzhew (20) and Anthony Don (21) cut.
Late mail - 1-17. Sam McIntyre is 18th man with Toby Sexton (19) omitted.
Referees: Adam Gee;Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Chris Butler;Video Referees: Steve Chiddy;
RESULT: Roosters 25 Titans 24
FINALS PROGRESSION: The Roosters face the Sea Eagles next week in Mackay, while the Titans are eliminated.
2. Stephen Crichton 20. Charlie Staines 3. Paul Momirovski 4. Matt Burton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 18. Matthew Eisenhuth 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 17. Liam Martin 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo 11. Viliame Kikau 14. Mitch Kenny 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Tevita Pangai Junior 19. Izack Tago
Changes from Round 25 - Scott Sorensen (arm) is replaced by Leniu on the bench.
Squad update - Dylan Edwards (1) is out. Crichton shifts to fullback with Staines named on the wing. Brent Naden (21) is omitted.
Late mail - Moses Leota (8) is out. Eisenhuth starts prop, while Kikau is benched and Martin starts. Tago is 18th man.
1. Blake Taaffe 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dane Gagai 4. Campbell Graham 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Mark Nicholls 9. Damien Cook 10. Tevita Tatola 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jaydn Su'A 13. Cameron Murray 14. Benji Marshall 15. Jacob Host 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Jai Arrow 21. Patrick Mago
Changes from Round 25 - Like the Storm, the Bunnies have a host of players returning from final-round rests and injuries. Johnston, Gagai, Walker, Reynolds, Cook, Burgess, Arrow and Murray all come back in, along with previously suspended second rower Keaon Koloamatangi. Marshall and Host drop to the bench with Ilias out of the 17 in the reserves after a solid debut.
Squad update - Lachlan Ilias (20), Braidon Burns (19) and Jed Cartwright (18) are all out, with Taane Milne added to the reserves.
Late mail - 1-17. Mago is 18th man and Milne (22) is omitted.
Referees: Gerard Sutton;Sideline Officials: David Munro, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski;Video Referees: Alan Shortall;
RESULT: Rabbitohs 16 Panthers 10
FINALS PROGRESSION: South Sydney progress to a Week 3 Preliminary Final at Suncorp Stadium, while Penrith will - next week in Mackay - face the winner of Sunday's Eels-Knights clash.
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Haze Dunster 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Ray Stone 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Marata Niukore 13. Nathan Brown 14. Will Smith 15. Bryce Cartwright 16. Isaiah Papali'i 17. Makahesi Makatoa 20. Tom Opacic
Changes from Round 25 - Parramatta welcome back plenty of stars with Gutherson, Niukore, both Brown boys, Paulo, Moses, Blake and Papali'i all back into the fold, along with Reagan Campbell-Gillard who's back from a significant layoff due to a groin injury. Papali'i is on the bench despite usually starting, while Smith and Cartwright are pushed to the bench by all the returning players. Despite being eligible, Ryan Matterson isn't in the 17 following his suspension, only named as a reserve.
Squad Update - Matterson (18) and Jakob Arthur (21) make way.
Late mail - 1-17. Opacic is 18th man with Oregon Kaufusi (19) cut.
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Enari Tuala 3. Kurt Mann 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Jake Clifford 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 14. Sauaso Sue 13. Connor Watson 15. David Klemmer 16. Josh King 17. Brodie Jones 20. Simi Sasagi
Changes from Round 25 - Plenty of returnees here after last week's dead rubber loss to Brisbane. Daniel & Jacob Saifiti both return, along with Brailey, Hunt, Frizell, Sue and Barnett. Chris Randall (thumb) deputised at hooker last week but will miss the remainder of 2021 after undergoing surgery.
Squad Update - Phoenix Crossland (18) and Jack Johns (21) drop out.
Late mail - Sue starts lock with Watson dropped to the bench. Sasagi is 18th man with Jirah Momoisea (19) omitted.
Referees: Ashley Klein;Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Jon Stone;Video Referees: Grant Atkins;
RESULT: Eels 28 Knights 20
FINALS PROGRESSION: Parramatta face the Panthers next week in Mackay, while the Knights' season is over.